Linqer is a SQL to LINQ conversion tool. It helps learning LINQ and convert existing SQL statements.
Not every SQL statement can be converted to LINQ, but Linqer covers many different types of SQL expressions. Linqer supports both .NET languages - C# and Visual Basic.
Because LINQ is a part of the C# and VB languages, it is sensitive to data type conversion. Linqer performs required type castings in the produced LINQ statements.
It can convert the most usable SQL Server functions. The full list of supported MSSQL functions can be found here.
You need to have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 ,Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 , or Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your computer to be able to use Linqer. Visual Studio needs to be installed, in order to use the SqlMetal tool to generate LINQ to SQL model files or the EdmGen tool to generate LINQ to Entities model files.
March 23, 2013.
- SqlMetal options exposed.
- EdmGen options exposed.
- WHERE field IN (SELECT ... GROUP BY ...) conversion fixed
March 18, 2013.
Linqer Version 4.0.5 for .NET 4.0
- BETWEEN with expressions conversion fixed.
- SQL with a trailing semicolon cannot not be converted (fixed).
- Catch Run SQL exceptions
December 22, 2012.
Linqer Version 4.0.4 for .NET 4.0
- The SqlMetal.exe path determination algorithm is improved.
- Support for NOT BETWEEN conversion.
- The IN, NOT IN conversion algorithm is improved.
- The JOIN field with constant conversion is fixed.
- WHERE EXISTS conversion for LINQ to Entities model is fixed.
- JOIN conversion for GUID type is fixed.
- A "Cancel Executing SQL" button was added.
- Miscellaneous Conversion engine enhancements.
May 28, 2011.
Linqer Version 4.0.3 for .NET 4.0
Linqer Version 3.5.3 for .NET 4.0
- Join with subquery conversion fixed.
- HAVING without GROUP BY conversion fixed.
- Sometimes, the assembly path pointed to an incorrect folder and LINQ expression could not be compiled (Linqer 4.0.3 only).
- INSERT statements conversion for LINQ to Entities model fixed (Linqer 3.5.3 only).
May 8, 2011.
Linqer Version 4.0.2 for .NET 4.0
Linqer Version 3.5.2 for .NET 4.0
- The restore screen location algorithm is improved.
- Sometimes, classes for Entities provider did not produce field types (Linqer 4.0.2 only).
- SELECT COUNT(field) conversion fixed. It may not work for VB in some cases because of the BUG in .NET 4.0. The bug report is posted and will be resolved by Microsoft in the next release of .NET Framework. Related Bug Report
- The INSERT, DELETE conversion is fixed for the Entity model (Linqer 4.0.2 only).
- Operations with Guid strings are supported.
- Columns with names starting from digit conversion are supported.
- The aggregate function inside the CONVERT function conversion is fixed.
- DATEPART(DAYOFYEAR) conversion support for the LINQ to SQL model.
- The same Function in both ORDER BY and GROUP BY caused an error.
- Some conversion engine enhancements make it possible for you to notice conversion speed improvement.
December 28, 2010.
Linqer Version 4.0.1 for .NET 4.0
- Path to SqlMetal.exe is fixed for x64 OS.
December 26, 2010.
Linqer Version 4.0 for .NET 4.0
- Microsoft performed multiple LINQ enhancements in .NET Framework 4.0, especially for LINQ to Entities, which is reflected in Linqer 4.0.
Linqer Version 3.5.1
- RIGHT JOIN conversion improved
- IN conversion enhanced
- Bux fixed in subquery conversion
November 12, 2010.
Linqer Version 3.5
- Conversion of joining nullable fields with constants fixed.
- Field name [Image] conversion is fixed.
- “Northwind” was used by default as a project name in the designer file, when the LINQ to Entities model was generated. Now, the project name is set to be the same as the Linqer Connection Name.
- Ignore server, database, and schema prefixes when parsing a table. For example SQL select * from [MyServer].[MyDatabase].[dbo].MyTable will be interpreted as select * from MyTable
- The screen position was sometimes not restored correctly when 2 monitors were used.
- Connection Edit Dialog is improved to be more user-friendly.
March 31, 2010.
Linqer Version 3.1
- Some bugs were fixed when foreign keys are used to simplify LINQ.
- The Unicode constants conversion is fixed.
- Multiple conversion engine enhancements.
October 4, 2009.
Linqer Version 3.0
- LINQ to Entities model support.
- Use foreign keys to simplify LINQ.
- Produces C# or VB classes based on a SQL query.
- Multiple conversion engine and user interface enhancements.
May 25, 2009.
Linqer Version 2.5.2
- Trial period allowed for x64 OS.
April 11, 2009.
Linqer Version 2.5.1
- Unnecessary type conversion in WHERE class removed.
- Conversion of type Double fixed.
- ISNULL function conversion with Boolean argument fixed.
February 8, 2009.
Linqer Version 2.5
INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements support.
Multiple query tabs and other interface enhancements.
January 16, 2009.
Linqer Version 2.0.1
- Some bugs in type conversion fixed for VB.
- VB Mod operator conversion fixed.
January 11, 2009.
Linqer Version 2.0
- This version supports SQL to LINQ conversion for both .NET languages C# and Visual Basic
November 6, 2008.
Linqer Version 1.0.1
- Activation for x64 is fixed.
June 15, 2008.
Linqer Version 1.0.0 is announced.
- This version supports SQL to LINQ conversion for C#.